Civil Engineering Technologist/Civil Engineer
|Salary||Market Related||Date||9 June 2021|
Lukhozi Consulting Engineers is seeking a Civil Engineering Technologist/Civil Engineer for their office in Cape Town. This is a permanent position and the appointment will be in terms of the companies Employment Equity Plan. The salary will be market related and dependant on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Manage and oversee Technologists, Technicians and Engineers.
- Administrate civil engineering contracts as the Engineer in terms of the contract.
- Project Manage subsidised housing projects as Lead Consultant.
- Preparation of reports (preliminary design, feasibility, design, tender evaluation, close- out, etc)
- Day-to day administration of projects.
- Provide construction oversight for design adherence and quality control and expediting of design clarifications.
- Review of contractors Quality Control Plans and Construction Method Statements.
- Handling of technical queries and resolutions and leading Site and Technical Meetings on site, including the taking of minutes.
- Preparing Payment Certificates.
- Review and approval of preliminary, design, tender, construction and as-built drawings.
- Communicate frequently with all professionals and clients.
- Overseeing and managing the design of civil engineering services;
- Handling of technical queries and dispute resolutions in conjunction with others;
- Assist with project safety and environmental matters;
- General office and project related admin if required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a B.Tech / BEng / BSc (Eng) in Civil Engineering
- Registration with ECSA as Pr Technologist or Pr Eng. Registration with SACPCMP as Professional Construction Project Manager will be advantageous;
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office Project, Bill (preferable);
- At least 15 years’ post qualification experience in the design and management of civil engineering services projects, especially municipal services infrastructure;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the overall project management of subsidised housing projects is a requirement;
- Must be an effective communicator (personal, phone, writing, email; etc);
- Own Vehicle
- Valid Driver’s Licence
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AT: