Electrical Engineering Technologist/ Engineer
|Salary||Market Related||Date||31 May 2021|
Lukhozi Consulting Engineers is seeking an Electrical Engineering Technologist/ Engineer for their office in Cape Town. This is a permanent position and the appointment will be in terms of the company’s Employment Equity Plan. The salary will be market related and dependant on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
- Preparation of reports (preliminary design, feasibility, design, tender evaluation, close-out, etc.)
- Taking responsibility for the design of electrical building services and urban and rural reticulation and distribution;
- Preparation of preliminary design, tender, construction and as-built drawings in AutoCAD.
- Preparation and approval of tender documentation;
- Administrate electrical engineering contracts as the Engineer in terms of the contract.
- Day-to day administration of projects.
- Provide construction oversight for design adherence and quality control and expediting of design clarifications.
- Review of contractors Quality Control Plans and Construction Method Statements.
- Handling of technical queries and resolutions and leading Site and Technical Meetings on site, including the taking of minutes.
- Preparing Payment Certificates.
- Communicate frequently with all professionals and clients.
- Handling of technical queries and dispute resolutions in conjunction with others;
- Assist with project safety and environmental matters;
- General office and project-related admin.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a B.Tech / BEng / BSc (Eng) in Electrical Engineering
- Registration with ECSA as Pr Technologist or Pr Eng.;
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Office Project, AutoCAD;
- At least 10 years’ post qualification experience in the design and management of electrical building services and electrical engineering services projects;
- Must be an effective communicator (personal, phone, writing, email; etc);
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate independently.
- Own Vehicle
- Valid Driver’s Licence
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS AT: